Heidi Albertsen is a Danish model and tv personality who now lives in Manhattan, New York. She was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, and is outspoken about the various health issues that she has faced throughout her life. All that aside, though, Heidi Albertsen is a classically beautiful woman who became one of the top models in the world due to her perseverance, strength and good genes.
Heidi states that she was overweight as a girl, which subjected her to ridicule. She lost the weight and people began to notice her. Who says that peer pressure doesn't sometimes work! She won the 1993 Elite Model Look World Final, beating out thousands of other girls, and her career was off and running.
In addition to Victoria's Secret, Heidi has modelled for La Perla, L'Oréal, Guess, Nicole Miller, Roberto Cavalli, and Vera Wang, and been on the cover of the major fashion magazines.
Heidi Albertsen is an adventurous and athletic model who climbed Mount Kilimanjaro not once, but twice, for an IMAX documentary.
Some quotes from Heidi about her health issues:
1. I had a bad habit with eating (in high school). My parents were divorced. I don't know exactly what got me to eat, but I definitely ate my feelings away, I think. And I was fat as a result.
2. I've learned that if you are on a special regimen, and you take care of yourself and if you sometimes you fall off (the diet) you pay the price.
3. I was born with eczema, and when I was younger I didn't know a lot about what food to eat so I was covered with it.
4. I knew something had to change because I just couldn't live with the pain of, you know, being fat and being told I was fat and being made fun of.
5. I entered a modeling competition with Elite Models and I had no idea really about anything in fashion.