Chanel Iman Robinson aka Chanel Iman (born December 1, 1990) is an American model who has appeared in both the 2009-2011 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and the 2014 Sports Illustratred Swimsuit Issue. She has made a name for herself with her multi-faceted projects and sparkling personality.
Chanel was born in Atlanta, Georgia, grew up in Los Angeles, California and is part Korean. She began her modelling career as a child, then participated in the 2006 Ford Supermodel of the World contest in New York, placing as a runner-up. After becoming a Ford model, Chanel quickly started getting prestigious covers. Before long, she was in in advertising campaigns for top names such as Bottega Veneta, GAP, Ralph Lauren, Express and DKNY. She became a Victoria's Secret Angel in 2010.
Several television appearances have helped Chanel to advance in her career. She was on an episode of the Tyra Banks Show in October 2007, and worked on MTV's House of Style in 2009. She also served as a judge on the 2009 season premiere of America's Next Top Model, Cycle 13. Usher used her in his music video for 'Dive,'
Iman's covers include:
- Dubai: 'Harper's Bazaar' - May 2009
- France: 'French Revue de Modes' - Fall/Winter 2007; 'French Revue de Modes' - Spring/Summer 2010; 'L'Officiel' - February 2012
- Indonesia: 'Prestige' - December 2009; 'Elle' - December 2010
- Italy: 'Muse' - October 2008; 'Flair' - February 2009; 'Elle' - October 2010
- Korea: 'Vogue' - September 2008; 'Vogue Girl' - February 2010; 'Singles' - November 2013
- Lithuania: 'L'Officiel' - February 2012
- South Africa: 'Elle' - May 2011
- Spain: 'Wish' - January 2009
- UK: 'Pop' - Autumn/Winter 2008; 'i-D' - May 2009; 'Lula' - Spring/Summer 2009; 'i-D' - September 2009; 'i-D' - February 2011
- Ukraine: 'Harper's Bazaar' - June 2009
Chanel has a clothing boutique, 'The Red Bag,' in Culver City, California. She also has her own video game, and is associated with the electronics company Skullcandy.' Chanel donates some of her time to charitable causes, such as the Ad Council and USAID, and she is active in Democratic Party politics.