Élise Crombez (born July 24, 1982) is a top Belgian fashion model who has stayed at the top about as long as anyone in the business.
She walked in the 2006 and 2007 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows.
Elise also is famous for a spectacular runway fall that she took at the Spring 2007 Proenza Schouler show, where her heels proved to be just a touch too high for her.
Elise was born in Mouscron, Hainaut, Belgium, and grew up in Koksijde.
Élise entered the 1999 Miss Mannequin contest in Roeselare, Belgium and did well. While she did not win, a talent agent noticed her. The agent was impressed (unlike the judges) and took Élise to Paris. A legend was born.
|Caroline Trentini, Gemma Ward, Hana Soukupova, and Elise Crombez at Versace, Spring 2006.|
That was the start of Élise Crombez' love of modeling.
Elise's campaigns include:
- Nina Ricci,
- Gianfranco Ferre,
- Jil Sander,
- Ralph Lauren,
|One of Élise Crombez' six Vogue covers.|
Élise Crombez' covers include very prestigious magazines such as various editions of Vogue. She has been on the cover of Italian Vogue an astonishing six times (at last count) and W twice. Among them are:
- Belgium: 'Elle' - February 2008
- France: 'Jalouse'; 'Elle' - June 25, 2007
- Germany: 'Vogue' - March 2008
- Italy: 'Vogue' - January, May & July 2003; 'Vogue' - July, September & October 2004; 'Flair' - October 2007
- Japan: 'Vogue' - March & April 2003; 'Vogue' - July 2004
- Mexico: 'Vogue' - November 2007; 'Vogue' - June 2008
- Netherlands: 'L'Officiel' - June 2008
- Poland: 'Viva! Moda' - Fall 2011
- Portugal: 'Elle' - November 2002
- Slovakia: 'Woman' - November 2010
- Turkey: 'Vogue' - May 2010
- UK: 'Vogue' - May 2005; 'Vogue' - January 2006
- US: 'W' - October 2004; 'Style.com Print' - Spring 2014
Elise is managed by DNA Models in New York, where she lives.
She remains a very busy model.
Élise Crombez is active on Instagram.
Élise Crombez vital stats:
- Height 5'11"
- Hair Brown
- Eyes Hazel
- Bust 33
- Waist 24
- Hips 34
- Shoe 10
Élise Crombez lives in Echo Park in Los Angeles.
Élise Crombez has said that her "guilty pleasure" is:
Singing along to cheesy pop songs in the car (they are so easy to remember and in LA I spend so much time in the car).
Élise Crombez said, when asked about her "most memorable outfit":
I opened the Jean-Paul Gaultier spring/summer 2005 show wearing a purple gypsy skirt, tight jacket and black headband and pretending to smoke a cigarette. I loved it all; the music, the lights. I felt like I was unstoppable at the height of my womanhood, determined to not let anyone stop me. It is a feeling that I had never had before and reminding myself of that feeling helps me through insecure moments.