Kirsty Hume (born 4 September 1976) is a Scottish model who was one of the top supermodels of the 1990s. She is best remembered by Victoria's Secret fans for walking in the 1999 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
Kirsty is from Ayrshire, Scotland. She took a local modelling and grooming course whilst attending the Dundee School of Art, and that led her to sign with a Glasgow agency at the age of 16. Soon, she was walking in the Spring/Summer Ready to Wear for Valentino and Chanel, and her career was off and running.
Kirsty scored a number of covers during her active years, and still appears in fashion magazines:
- Finland: 'Cosmopolitan' - May 2007
- Germany: 'Vogue' - May 1996; 'Vogue' - February 1997; 'Elle' - September 1998; 'Vogue' - January, May & October 1998; 'Marie Claire' (supplement) - February 1999; 'Glamour' - August 2005; 'Elle' - January 2006; 'Elle' - November 2006
- Hong Kong: 'Elle' - September 1996
- Italy: 'Harper's Bazaar' - March 1996; 'Ragazza' - April 1996; 'D' - March 04 1997; 'Marie Claire' - April 1998; 'D' - January 26 1999; 'D' - March 02 1999; 'D' - April 27 1999
- Japan: 'Vogue Nippon' - September 2000
- Spain: 'Marie Claire' - March, June & November 1996; 'Vogue' - January 1999
- UK: 'Elle' - January 1996; 'Elle' - July 1998; 'Marie Claire' - December 1999; 'Easy Living' - May 2005; 'Red' - March 2011
Kirsty walked for the usual crowd of top fashion designers, including: Dior, Givenchy, Chanel, Lanvin, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Lacroix, Gianfranco Ferré, Claude Montana, Alexander McQueen, Giorgio Armani, Gianni Versace, Roberto Cavalli, Prada, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Oscar de la Renta and Donna Karan. She was the feature model for Chanel ads in 1996
Kirsty married rocker Donovan Leitch, Jr. in 1997. They had a tempestuous relationship that lasted for about 15 years, living in Woodstock in upstate New York and attending various wild Halloween parties with other celebrities. Hume was in the fashion film 'Decadent Control' by Imagine Fashion in 2011, and appeared in the prestigious 1998 Pirelli Calendar. She was named to People Magazine's '50 Most Beautiful' list in 1996.