Luciana Curtis (born December 12, 1976) is a top Brazilian model who is a veteran of the modeling world.
Luciana is part of the wave of Brazilian women who came to dominate the modeling world.
Luciana was born in São Paulo and is of Brazilian (Katia de Mendonça Furtado Maria Curtis) and English extraction (Malcolm Leo Curtis).
Luciana began modeling at 14 when she was spotted by a modeling agent at the mall (isn't that always how it happens?). She was surprised to be noticed because she was wearing glasses and had braces, but she soon shed both. Sounds kind of like one of those movies like "She's All That" (1999) where the "nerd girl" suddenly becomes the prettiest girl in school by changing her hairstyle and getting a new wardrobe - but it worked for Luciana.
|Luciana Curtis on the cover of UK Cosmopolitan, September 1994.|
Luciana entered and reached the finals of the Ford 1993 Brazilian Supermodel of the World contest. Her first assignment as a model was an editorial in the magazine.
Luciana's covers include:
- Brazil: 'Marie Claire' - July 1998; 'Elle' - June 2001; 'Marie Claire' - August 2001; 'Vogue' - February 2002; 'Sepp Magazine' - #05 2010; 'Sepp Magazine' - March 2011; 'Marie Claire Brazil' - April 2016
- France: 'Elle' - March 28, 1994
- Italy: 'Cosmopolitan' - April 2004
- Mexico: 'Elle' - July 2011
- Portugal: 'Marie Claire' - April 1999
- Spain: 'Vogue' - November 2001
- UK: ' Cosmopolitan' - September 1994; 'Company' - August 1998; 'i-D' - November 2000; 'Cosmopolitan' - January 2005
- US: 'Lucky' - November 2001; 'City' - May/June 2002
|Luciana Curtis on the cover of "Elle Mexico."|
Luciana's biggest coup was a million-dollar contract to represent Revlon in 2001. She followed that up with a L'Oréal campaign for 'True Match."
Luciana lived for four years in London, and four years in New York during the peak years of her career.
|Luciana Curtis (photo by Jacques Dequeker).|
She currently lives in New York and is married to photographer Henrique Gendre. She is one of the longest-serving models in Ford history and remains at the top of her game.