Susan Elizabeth Holmes-McKagan (born May 5, 1972) is an American model, television personality, and designer who is famous for her swimwear line. Holmes started out as a model in New York, and has turned that into a business empire.
Susan was one of the top models during the 1990s, and was on a ton of covers during that time:
- Australia: 'Max' - March 1999
- France: 'W Fashion Life' - ? 1991; 'Glamour' - December/January - 1991/1992; 'Glamour' - October 1992
- Germany: 'Sports Magazine' - August 1997; 'Hamptons' - 1998; 'Stren' - 1999; 'Playboy' - October 2000
- Greece: 'Marie Claire' - ? 1992
- Italy: 'Vogue' - March & September 1992
- Spain: 'Vogue' - June 1991; 'DT' - December/January 1994/1995
- UK: 'Hamptons' - July 1997; 'Zest' - 1999
- US: 'Sports Magazine' - February 1990; 'Downtown' - March 1992; 'Marie Claire' - 1992; 'W' - March 1992
Susan is from Bowling Green, Ohio, and spent much of her childhood in San Diego. The story goes that, when she was 16, Susan was having dinner in New York one night when Jodie Foster was at the next table. Photographer Marco Glaviano spotted her and paved the way for her to become a model at Ford and Elite. Within a year, she had her first cover.
After modelling for many years, Susan brought out her own swimwear line in 1997, 'Holmes Swimwear.' She appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue to promote her swimwear designs. She also branched out into acting, appearing in the 1990s British film 'Inferno' and as a judge on 'America's Next Top Model.'She even served as a correspondent on Fox News for a while, and was in Velvet Revolver's music video for their song 'Fall to Pieces.'
Susan married former Guns-n-Roses bassist Duff Mckagan in 1999, and they have two girls.