Vendela Maria Kirsebom (born 12 January 1967) is a Swedish model and actress. She is a multi-talented entertainer who is a 'one-name' worldwide celebrity.
Vendela is from Stockholm, Sweden and now is living in Nesodden, Norway. Eileen Ford scouted her in a Stockholm restaurant, and at 18 she moved to Italy to begin her career. Later, she moved to New York to pursue opportunities there.
Vendela has been a top cover model for almost thirty years.
- Canada: 'Flare' - January 1993; 'Flare' - February 1995
- France: 'Vogue' - #681 November 1987
- Germany: 'Freundin Donna' - July 2012
- Italy: 'Amica' - March 5 1987; 'Cosmopolitan' - March 1989; 'Amica' - 1993
- Norway: 'Elle' - October 2007; 'Henne' - May 2014
- Spain: 'DT' - September 1996
- Sweden: 'Damernas Värld' - No 34 1989; 'Damernas Värld' - No 18 1990; 'Damernas Värld' - No 4 1994; 'Fitness' - January 1997; 'Fitness' - July 1997; 'Mama' - 2003; 'Sömdag Magaziner' - 2004; 'Red' - 2005; 'Tique' - 2005
- UK: 'FHM' - August 1997
Vendela began acting early in her career, with a role in the the Italian television series 'Piazza Navona' alongside screen legend Marcello Mastroianni. Several years later, she took some acting jobs in Hollywood, appearing on popular television series 'Blossom' and 'The Larry Sanders Show.' She is probably best known for her role as Nora Fries in 'Batman and Robin' (1997) and 'The Parent Trap' (1998). She speaks many languages well, including English, Swedish, German, Norwegian and Italian.
Vendela married a Norwegian politician, Olaf Thommessen, in 1996 and moved to Norway, where she remains. They parted in 2007 after having two daughters. She remains an active model and is a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations.